Any low level key stroke filter out there
Tom Horsley
2021-05-26 17:23:33 UTC
Google chrome Ctrl-V pastes utter nonsense, expanding URLs into the URL link
in the new commenting system on the Washington Post. I can't stand
it any longer. Is there a low level keystroke filter available for
fedora that would let me detect Ctrl-V and change it to Ctrl-Shift-V
before any app can see it and do something silly? (Naturally in the
0.000001% possibility I actually want the Ctrl-V default, I'd
want to swap the meaning of the two keystrokes).
Do not reply to spam on the li
Roger Heflin
2021-05-26 18:06:27 UTC
Are you sure it is chrome doing it? And it is not the new commenting
system doing it when it detects you pasted in a link? You might try
typing a link and I bet it will also do it then. I only have one web page
I type in that is doing that and it started doing that on an update of said
website. And yes, it is annoying. There was an option in the web page
settings to stop it from doing that.
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure
Tim via users
2021-05-27 01:31:10 UTC
I only have one web page I type in that is doing that and it started
doing that on an update of said website. And yes, it is annoying.
There was an option in the web page settings to stop it from doing
that.
Is it a copyright paranoid site that decides to do all it can do to
prevent people doing copy and paste? (Killing hotkeys and right-click
mouse operations)

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 3.10.0-1160.25.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Apr 28 21:49:45 UTC 2021 x86_64

Boilerplate: All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.

Tom Horsley
2021-05-27 01:37:48 UTC
On Thu, 27 May 2021 11:01:10 +0930
Post by Tim via users
Is it a copyright paranoid site that decides to do all it can do to
prevent people doing copy and paste? (Killing hotkeys and right-click
mouse operations)
Nope, it is "New and Improved!", it didn't used to work that way.
Do not reply to spam on the li