Xbox 360 controller on Fedora 32
Wolfgang Pfeiffer
2021-05-16 20:19:30 UTC
Sorry for CC-ing you, Greg Woods, but I must have been missing this
thread nearly a year ago.
It has been a couple of years (which means 4 or 5 Fedora releases ago)
since I did this, but I used to be able to play Xonotic using my Xbox 360
Wireless controller. Now I cannot get the controller to work properly in
F32 (it works in Windows 10 so I know the hardware is OK).
This most likely has something to do with the move from xboxdrv (which is
no longer available in Fedora) to xpad kernel driver, and/or the move from
the old js driver to evdev. [ ..... ]
Still there, tho' not in the standard Fedora archives, it seems:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petrb/xboxdrv/

According to my "dnf history list" I used this repo at least from last
November, then on F32, if I see this correctly. And right now also on F33
it seems to work without any issues that I'd knew of.

See right-hand sidebar on that copr page for a quick install.

Hoping it helps!

Wolfgang