Sorta OT - way to make Thunderbird set *all* folders to threaded view?
Thomas Cameron
2008-11-07 03:18:03 UTC
Howdy -

I have messed around with all the settings I can find to no avail. I
use IMAP so all my messages are on the server in a metric buttload of
folders (well over 100). I check mail from numerous systems, many of
which get rebuilt regularly. It is a royal PITA to have to go through
every time I run Thunderbird the first time on a new system to have to
tell it to view by threads. For. Every. Single. Folder.

Is there a way to make Thunderbird view all folders threaded by default?
Anything, an advanced setting or a plugin, would be great.

The Google gods are not forthcoming. :-( And no, I am not looking for
the numerous articles on keeping in threaded view when you re-sort. I
want everything in threaded view by default for all folders.
--
Thanks!
TC
Sjoerd Mullender
2008-11-07 08:04:47 UTC
Post by Thomas Cameron
Is there a way to make Thunderbird view all folders threaded by default?
Anything, an advanced setting or a plugin, would be great.
The Google gods are not forthcoming. :-( And no, I am not looking for
the numerous articles on keeping in threaded view when you re-sort. I
want everything in threaded view by default for all folders.
The Google gods are very forthcoming if you know what to look for. ;-)
The preference mailnews.default_sort_type governs the default sort type
for thunderbird. You probably want to set the value to 22. See e.g.
http://xulplanet.com/references/xpcomref/ifaces/nsMsgViewSortType.html.
Sjoerd Mullender
thomas.cameron
Thanks, that did it!