Maybe pipewire is better.
Tom Horsley
2021-05-18 21:59:27 UTC
If I paused a youtube video in chrome and came back to it later
and pressed play, I almost always lost a few seconds of sound
on f33 using pulseaudio.

I don't have a large sample set yet, but it seems like that
doesn't happen with the new pipewire audio.
Sam Varshavchik
2021-05-18 23:21:30 UTC
Post by Tom Horsley
If I paused a youtube video in chrome and came back to it later
and pressed play, I almost always lost a few seconds of sound
on f33 using pulseaudio.
I don't have a large sample set yet, but it seems like that
doesn't happen with the new pipewire audio.
I have not noticed that. For me, pipewire had some initial settling in,
where I have to specify the default output device, a few times, for some odd
reason. Several reboots later, and it's figuring out on its own where my
audio out should go.

Aside from that, I haven't noticed anything value-added.

While initially searching for a solution to the default audio out glitch, I
randomly installed pipewire-cli, which gave me the pw-cli command, whose
output was completely incomprehensible.