K3b & Bootable CD
Amy M
2005-01-26 17:53:40 UTC
What knobs should I turn on to burn bootable CDs (e.g., LiveCD) with
K3b? After several failures, I have resorted to xcdroast, but would
like to use K3b. Thanx.
Tony Dietrich
2005-01-26 18:24:40 UTC
Post by Amy M
What knobs should I turn on to burn bootable CDs (e.g., LiveCD) with
K3b? After several failures, I have resorted to xcdroast, but would
like to use K3b. Thanx.
Start k3b.

Tools Menu >> CD >> Burn CD Image.
The dialog you'll get is pretty self-explanatory.

Run k3b as root the first time, or run k3b-setup as root before starting k3b.
--
Tony Dietrich
-------------
culinary vessel will not achieve 100 degrees on the Celsius scale.
Bernd Radinger
2005-01-27 23:47:37 UTC
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:24:40 +0000, Tony Dietrich
Post by Tony Dietrich
Run k3b as root the first time, or run k3b-setup as root before starting k3b.
that is not necessary and does not exist anyway
Bernd
Gain Paolo Mureddu
2005-01-28 00:01:02 UTC
Post by Tony Dietrich
Run k3b as root the first time, or run k3b-setup as root before starting k3b.
that is not necessary and does not exist anyway
Hmm... you are right... I wonder at what time did they remove
k3b-setup?? It was there last time I checked (in FC2, mind you! :-D )
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I finally got K3b to burn a bootable LiveCD. Basically, you cannot
simply click on the .iso image, but must go through the "write image"
step. Thanks for all the helps.
Gain Paolo Mureddu
that is not necessary and does not exist anyway
Bernd Radinger
Bernd
Antonio Olivares
I hope I get your question, you want to burn an iso
image from a live cd iso. Just select burn cd image
and you should select your live cd.iso

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com
Amy M
I hope I get your question, you want to burn an iso
image from a live cd iso. Just select burn cd image
and you should select your live cd.iso
I was able to burn the LiveCD.iso, but it won't boot. As I mentioned in
the original post, iso images burned with xcdroast work OK. Thus, there
must be certain options that I did not check when using K3b.
Scott Talbot
I hope I get your question, you want to burn an iso
image from a live cd iso. Just select burn cd image
and you should select your live cd.iso
I was able to burn the LiveCD.iso, but it won't boot. As I mentioned in
the original post, iso images burned with xcdroast work OK. Thus, there
must be certain options that I did not check when using K3b.
Hi Amy!

There is nothing that you should need to do, other than ensuring you
are burning the image, not the iso! The difference being that if you
look at the directory of the burned cd you should see multiple files,
directories etc. if done wrong you will only see 1 file (LiveCD.iso in
your case).

I find that this is much more straight forward in k3b as was posted
earlier, selecting the burn CD image from the Tools-->CD menu

HTH

Scott
--
Take a lesson from the whale; the only time he gets speared is when he
raises to spout.
Amy M
2005-01-27 08:43:26 UTC
Post by Scott Talbot
The difference being that if you
look at the directory of the burned cd you should see multiple files,
directories etc. if done wrong you will only see 1 file (LiveCD.iso in
your case).
Seems that this is what I did, but I wasn't able to boot from a K3b
burned LiveCD. I will try this again. Thanks.
Amy M
Scott Talbot

raises to spout.
Amy M